Archives: FAQ

What If An Investor Wants To Perform All Of The Work On Their Property?

Investors have the option of performing all maintenance items themselves. Please click here for a link to our release of maintenance. Frontline Property Management will not participate in “partial repairs” where the investor does some items and Frontline performs others. Should we be requested to meet the investor’s contractors, there will be a charge for this additional service. Experience has proven that My Labor Resource, LLC contractors can perform maintenance items faster, more competently, and less expensively than most comparable contractors in the business. Additionally, we don’t recommend the usage of contractors that are not fully insured, including general liability and workman’s compensation. We have experienced situations where shoddy work was performed and/or disagreements occur and if reputable contractors are not used, liability will fall on the investor.

What If The Resident Wants To Paint Or Perform Maintenance Work Themselves?

Any and all work requested to be done by a resident must be submitted in writing and have written consent by PURE Property Management of Texas prior to the work being done. This includes work relating to painting, carpeting, landscaping, wallpaper, fixtures, and any structural work.

What If A Resident Wants To Change The Locks To The Home?

Locks are changed immediately prior to each new resident moving in. Should the resident desire to change them during residency, they must first receive written approval from our office by submitting the Resident Lock Change Request Form. The work must be done by our preferred vendor, Texas ReKey and three keys to each new lock must be provided to our office within 24 hours of the work being done.

What Maintenance Is A Landlord Responsible For?

Under the Texas Property Code, the landlord must keep the property in a fit and habitable condition.

Under Sec. 92.052. LANDLORD’S DUTY TO REPAIR OR REMEDY. (a) A landlord shall make a diligent effort to repair or remedy a condition if: (1) the tenant specifies the condition in a written notice to the person to whom or to the place where rent is normally paid. (2) the tenant is not delinquent in the payment of rent at the time notice is given; and (3) the condition: (A) materially affects the physical health or safety of an ordinary tenant; or (B) arises from the landlord’s failure to provide and maintain in good operating condition a device to supply hot water of a minimum temperature of 120 degrees Fahrenheit.(b) Unless the condition was caused by normal wear and tear, the landlord does not have a duty during the lease term or a renewal or extension to repair or remedy a condition caused by:

(1) the tenant;
(2) a lawful occupant in the tenant’s dwelling;
(3) a member of the tenant’s family; or
(4) a guest or invitee of the tenant

Since our leases are in writing: (d) The tenant’s notice under Subsection (a) must be in writing

What Maintenance Is A Resident Responsible For?

The resident is required to keep the property in neat and clean condition and to perform minor repairs per the terms of the lease. Our property managers are trained to charge back to the resident any item that was a direct cause of the resident’s actions. We do see many times where drainage stoppages, appliance repairs and the like are the direct cause of the resident and/or their guests. These items WILL be charged back to the resident according to their lease agreement.

Typically, all residents are responsible for:

  • Securing all utilities for the home, unless otherwise provided
  • Lawn care, unless otherwise provided
  • Maintaining a clean and sanitary property
  • Promptly disposing of all garbage in appropriate receptacles
  • Supplying and changing heating and air conditioning filters at least once a month
  • Minor repairs to your home, including, but not limited to, to replacing light bulbs and clogged drains
  • Changing the smoke detector batteries during residency (these are new when you move in)
  • Taking all necessary precautions to prevent broken pipes due to freezing or other causes
  • Replace any lost or misplaced keys
  • Paying any periodic, preventative, or additional extermination costs desired by the resident
  • Removing any standing water
  • Knowing the location and operation of the main water cut-off valve and all electrical breakers
  • Promptly notifying Landlord, IN WRITING, of all needed repairs
  • Complying with all Homeowner Association Rules
  • Following the terms of your lease – View a Sample Lease.

What Is The Turnaround Time For Non-emergency Maintenance Request?

There are many factors that go into each request and we cannot set a firm schedule. However, My Labor Resource will typically contact the resident within 48 hours of receiving the request to assess the situation and determine the proper course of action. Our goal is typically no more than 5 business days for completion. If you do not receive a call from MLR within the 48-hour time frame, please call your property manager again to confirm.

What Is Classified As An Emergency?

Anything that endangers life or poses a severe damage risk to the property if not corrected immediately qualifies for emergency service. Our emergency services operators have a specific list of items that are covered. Items outside of these items will not be handled as emergencies.

How Are Emergencies Handled?

If the emergency is life-threatening, dial 911. If other emergencies occur, the resident asked to call 817-377-3190 and follow the emergency maintenance prompts. During working hours, your emergency maintenance will be taken by ANY of our office staff if your property manager is not available. If you call after hours, please listen carefully to the prompts. When you leave a detailed message, our emergency line immediately calls our on-call service and they will call you back promptly to let you know when help will arrive and assist with your emergency.

Does Frontline Property Management, Inc. Work With Homeowners Associations?

Yes, we do work with HOAs for maintenance items covered by the Association.

How Is A Request For Routine Maintenance Submitted?

We adhere to the Texas Property Code which states that all maintenance requests must be in writing and can be submitted by any of the following:

Directly through our website via this link (the preferred method)
By sending your property manager a detailed email to his/her email address
By filling out the Maintenance Request Form at our office