We accept pets on a case by case basis as determined by the owner of the property. All pets must be listed in the lease. The pet deposit for one pet is a total of $350.00. For an additional animal, an extra $50.00 pet deposit must be submitted. Pet rent will be assessed based on your specific pet factors; the range for pet rent is $25.00 to $45.00 per pet. There is no deposit or rent charge for Service/Emotional Support Animals. All prospects bringing an animal onto the property must submit an Animal Application through our third-party review board at PetScreening.com. Animals will not be authorized until the PetScreening.com application has been submitted and approved. Any damage done by the animal is the responsibility of the resident. All animals must be registered and immunized in accordance with local ordinances. At the end of the lease, the resident must provide proof of a flea treatment from a licensed exterminator. No animals can be tied on the property. Several breeds of dogs will not be accepted under any circumstances (not applicable to Service/Emotional Support Animals). Among the breeds, we do not permit are German Shepherds, Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Chows, Rottweillers, mixed breeds of those mentioned above, or any other breed that may be deemed vicious by our insurance company.
Can I paint my home a different color?
You must first receive written authorization from us to paint any part of the property.
What do I do if I need to change the terms of the lease?
A lease is a legally binding agreement and cannot be changed without the consent of both parties. Should you breach the lease by leaving early, typically, you will be responsible for the reletting fee (85% of one month’s rent) as well as the monthly rental payments until the end of your lease, or until the property is released. If you need to change the terms of your lease contact our office to discuss your particular situation.
Can I change the locks on my home?
Locks are changed immediately prior to each new resident moving in. Should you desire to change them during your tenancy, you must first receive written approval from our office. The work must be done by a licensed locksmith and three keys to each new lock must be provided to our office within 24 hours of the work being done.
My utility bills seem high? What can I do?
What am I responsible for as a resident?
Typically, all residents are responsible for :
- Securing all utilities for the home, unless otherwise provided
- Lawn care, unless otherwise provided
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary property
- Promptly disposing of all garbage in appropriate receptacles
- Supplying and changing heating and air conditioning filters at least once a month
- Minor repairs to your home, including, but not limited to, to replacing light bulbs and clogged drains
- Changing the smoke detector batteries during tenancy (these are new when you move in)
- Taking all necessary precautions to prevent broken pipes due to freezing or other causes
- Replace any lost or misplaced keys
- Paying any periodic, preventative, or additional extermination costs desired by Tenant
- Removing any standing water
- Knowing the location and operation of the main water cut-off valve and all electrical breakers
- Promptly notifying Landlord, IN WRITING, of all needed repairs
- Complying with all Homeowner Association Rules
- Following the terms of your lease – View a sample lease.
Can I withhold my rent for items not being corrected to my satisfaction?
No. Under the Texas State Property Code, it is prohibited for a resident to withhold rent for failure to fix items submitted. Please contact our office to discuss your specific situation.
I do not like the way a repair was done, what should I do?
Please contact our office immediately so we may investigate the issue.
Can I perform the work myself and send you the bill?
No. Unauthorized repairs will not be reimbursed. Should you wish to perform work on your property, download a copy of our resident repair authorization form. All requests must be approved in writing prior to any work being performed.
How quickly can I expect my request to be performed?
There are many factors that go into each request and we cannot set a firm schedule. However, we typically contact you the same day we receive the request to assess the situation and determine the proper course of action. Our goal is typically no more than 5 business days to complete.